Founder: Mr. P.De.S.KULARATHNE
On Sunday 8th December 1940 At 4.30 P.M An English Secondary School Was Established At Pannipitiya as a Branch Of Ananda College Colombo.
This New School Was Named Dharmapala Vidyalaya. On This Day Two Major Events Took Place,
Opening Of Late Sri Devamitta Dharmapala Thero Memorial Building By W.A.De.Silva Hon. Minister Of Health
Ceremonial Opening Of Dharmapala Vidyalaya By Dr. Walter Wijeynaike, The General Manager Of Buddhist Schools
Dharmapala Vidyalaya Was Managed By Buddhist Theosophical Society (B.T.S). Under The Direct Supervision Of The Principal Ananda College Colombo.
It Was A School for both Boys and Girls and Supposed To Conduct Classes from Kindergarten to the Matriculation Form, In English Medium.
Dharmapala Vidyalaya Began its Work on 8th January 1941
Founder: Mr. P.De.S.Kularathne
Principal: Dr. J.E.Jayasooriya -B.A.Hons (London)
-Intermediate In Arts, B.A
Mr. E.Flesinger - Trained Teacher
Mr. M.T. Peries - Trained Teacher
Miss. Soma Wijesinghe - Trained Teacher
Mr. D.D. Arangala - Intermediate In Arts
Mr. H.D.D. Gunasekara - Bilingual Trained (Gampaha)
Mr. D.A. Jayamanna - Certificated Sinhalese Teacher